Friday

7 seconds

7 seconds


If you have never listened to these guys you probably will never understand half of my jokes about hippies. The time and place where I came of age was a very strange zone indeed. The straightedge scene was fairly new, peace punks and unity in the scene were big deals back then. Bigger than now and everyone got very excited and enthusiastic to scream "whoa whoa whoa" for a good cause. We even got into fights about this stuff, real fights that the riot cops had to come and break up because so many people jumped in. 7 seconds was one of the first bands I ever saw live.
Later on I got to meet and be friendly with Kevin Seconds, who is a really cool guy and has great taste (he loves the wrestler Mankind, and likes to read the op-ed section with his lady Allyson over coffee on sunday mornings.) They have a new band but it's too pop-punk for me at this time in my life- the older I get the more I wanna hear anger and the less hopeful I am. Take a listen to "here's your warning" or "fuck your amerika" to get a taste for this band.

No comments: